Often people get overwhelmed by the different funding opportunities that exist and consequently they don’t focus on the ones that really matter for them and have the more chances for a winning grant application. Here is a technique based on the five fingers that can immediately allow us to identify the most promising call topic for our team, organisation, our colleagues or even our clients and increase the success rate of their grant applications.
In this training moment, I reveal to you that the most attractive call topic(s) that you need to focus and increase your success rate are the one(s) that
- Support heavily your mission and vision of your team, organisation or client to be involved in the project
- have funded projects in the recent past of similar profile (size, structure, ambition, etc) that you can develop
- facilitate the access to funding authority representatives and experts/evaluators for getting feedback
- have attractive success rates or indicators
- allow sufficient time before their submission deadline for preparing a great grant application.
Enjoy the training moment/video below:
For adding further value to what you have learned from this article/video, you can now register in my Funding Expert Accelerator Programme that in addition to have exclusive access every month to unique in-depth trainings on EU funds that I deliver nowhere else but only in this programme, you can also have an one-to-one live session with me remotely where I can guide you specifically on any challenges you are facing (e.g. your strong and weak points and how to work for becoming a great funding expert, which funding programmes can support your idea or your organisation’s mission, how to get involved in proposals as partner, how to deal with specific issues in regards to a grant application or a funded project that you are involved, etc.) You set the agenda for our discussion and coaching session according to your own needs.
Finally, I provide below 5 key-messages I kept from this video that everyone should remember that wishes to be a great funding expert with value.